Beginner Swimming Program
The Beginner Level is the most powerful program of all because it helps you develop a relationship of trust and understanding with the water. You will become more aware and present in the water by anticipating the natural cause and effect of every action, reaction, and feeling your body has in the water.
Who is this program for?
This program is for anyone who thinks they are fearful. Anyone who thinks they cannot float. Those who have tried before and have not been successful. It's also a great way for experienced swimmers to improve their relationship with the water by re-introducing them to "feeling" the water.
Before you start...
While it may be true that you will learn important skills at each class you still need to get into a pool to practice in order improve your level of comfort at performing each skill. Coach, Valentin suggests that you secure a pool to practice in BEFORE you start any program. At Blue Ocean Swimming you are learning to develop a relationship with the water and not just learning how to swim. Find a place to have your dates with the water or your relationship will suffer.
What you will learn...
Here is what coach helps you achieve in a Six-Week Beginner Program
- Face in the water skills like holding your breath, blowing bubbles, and breathing
- Floating in place on your front and back
- Recovering/standing the front and back positions
- Propelling yourself with under-water arm strokes on your front and back
- Vertical floating/treading water in the deep end of the pool